Cetaphil skin care products do more than just clean your skin. These products also promise to contribute to the skin's overall health. Available without a prescription, Cetaphil is recommended by some dermatologists to treat the symptoms of acne, rosacea, itchy skin, and sensitive skin.
About the Company
Cetaphil skin care products are produced by Galderma Laboratories, a Texas-based joint venture between L'Oreal and Nestle. Galderma focuses on dermatology, and offers products that cure and treat skin diseases, conditions, and disorders. In addition to over-the-counter favorite Cetaphil, the company also manufactures prescription treatments for serious skin problems, like melasma, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
Skin and Health
Galderma strongly believes that your skin is a good indicator of your overall health. The Cetaphil web site comprehensively explains the links between skin symptoms and underlying disorders. According to the site, the following diseases and disorders can have associated skin disturbances:
- Diabetes: One of the earliest symptoms of diabetes is recurring skin disorders, including infections and itching.
- Lupus: According to the Lupus Foundation of America, people afflicted with lupus erythematosus may also experience recurring skin rashes and lesions known as lupus rash.
- Acne: Acne afflicts teenagers and adults alike. In adults, however, the condition often masks rosacea.
Cetaphil offers many skin care products, all intended to make your skin cleaner, healthier, and more beautiful. Some of the most popular products include:
- Gentle Skin Cleanser: This hypoallergenic cleanser does not dry the skin and is gentle enough to be used for a host of conditions, including sensitive skin, eczema, diaper rash, impetigo, and sunburn.
- Daily Facial Cleanser: Also hypoallergenic, this cleanser does not clog pores. It can be used on normal, oily, and combination skin types. Daily Facial Cleanser is also used by people suffering from acne, rosacea, sunburn, and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Gentle Cleansing Bar: This non-soap cleansing bar is hypoallergenic, fragrance free, detergent free, and non-comedogenic. It can be used on the face and the body, and is gentle enough for a multitude of skin conditions, including diaper rash, acne, dry skin, impetigo, eczema, psoriasis, and sunburn.
- Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15: Daily Facial Moisturizer combines the moisture of a lotion with the sun protection of a sunscreen. It does not clog pores, so it can be used by those with acne-prone skin.
Cetaphil Skin Care in the News
Cetaphil has long been a popular choice of dermatologists, surgeons, and others in the medical community. Now the media is recognizing the health and cleansing benefits of the products, as well. The following magazines have bestowed Cetaphil skin care products with awards, titles, and accolades:
- "Lucky" magazine named Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream its "Insider's Pick"
- "Ladies Home Journal" awarded Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser a dermatologist favorite in the March 2006 issue
- "InStyle" Magazine's April 2006 issue lists two Cetaphil products as "Best Beauty Buys"
- "Allure" gave Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser an induction into the Allure "Best of Beauty Hall of Fame" in October 2005
- "Star's" April 2006 issue called Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion the "most powerful dry-skin defender"
Cetaphil's long magazine resume also includes recommendations from the following:
- "For Me"
- "O Magazine"
Skin Care Community
Cetaphil offers an online Skin Care Club, where consumers can share skin care stories. The site also offers interaction with a licensed dermatologist. Other benefits include:
- Access to articles
- Personalized recommendations
- Product samples
Membership is free, but it does require registration.
Gentle, Soothing Skin Care
Cetaphil's scientific approach to skin care makes it popular among the dermatological community. However, you don't have to have serious skin issues to take advantage of these gentle, soothing products. Anyone who prefers pure, fragrance-free skin care will find Cetaphil's products beneficial.