Known for its wide range of color cosmetics and classic fragrances, the Elizabeth Arden line also includes a collection of high-quality skin care products for the face. There is something for everyone in this vast group of moisturizers, cleansers and treatments.
Elizabeth Arden Skin Care History
Company founder Elizabeth Arden was born and raised in Canada in the late 1800s. Born Florence Nightingale Graham, she was educated as a nurse. During her nursing career, she found herself drawn towards cosmetic uses for traditional medical products. Soon, the young nurse began creating her own cosmetic creams.
At age 30, Florence moved to New York to pursue her cosmetic interests. She worked in a beauty parlor and became well versed in beauty and relaxation treatments. In 1910, 32-year-old Florence changed her name and opened a red-doored beauty parlor on high-end Fifth Avenue.
Today, that red door is recognizable as the classic symbol of Elizabeth Arden. The company has expanded well beyond its Fifth Avenue locale, and now serves customers on a global scale. Elizabeth Arden remains committed to its founder's vision, and strives to offer cutting-edge products for women of all ages. Elizabeth Arden products are available in department stores, on the Internet and in high-end boutiques. The company also operates many spas and salons, all with the goal of making women feel beautiful, stylish, and powerful.
Skin Simple is the back-to-basics Elizabeth Arden skin care regimen. You can buy the whole line of Skin Simple products at beauty sites like BuyMeBeauty.com. With natural ingredients, such as rosemary and sage, the products are gentle and appropriate for all skin types. Products include:
- Efficiency Effort 2-in-1 cleanser/toner is a combination product that multi-tasks for customers who are short on time.
- Time Machine is an intensive anti aging lotion that contains apple extract, vitamin A, and vitamin C. It is designed to combat the signs of aging, including fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of firmness. The product promises immediate improvement.
- Unplugged is a mask designed to clean clogged pores and exfoliate dead skin.
- Beauty Sleep is a beauty cream designed to be used overnight. With consistent usage, customers should experience smoother, softer, more hydrated skin and a rested appearance.
Ceramide is a naturally occurring component in the skin that helps you stay youthful and vibrant. As you age, ceramide production slows and signs of aging increase. Elizabeth Arden made this ingredient the foundation for an innovative line of anti aging products. Some products in the line include:
- Ceramide Firm Lift. This anti aging lotion combines apple extracts and vitamin C to improve the skin's resilience and firmness, and to reduce dark spots. Find it at FragranceEx.
- Ceramide-C Age and Wrinkle Defying. These moisturizing capsules combine ceramide with vitamins A and E to slows the signs of aging on the neck, hands, and face.
Prevage Skin Care is an innovative collaboration between Elizabeth Arden and the makers of Botox. The line utilizes an antioxidant, Idebenone, to fight the signs of aging and promote collagen production. Prevage is geared towards "environmental aging," which includes sun damage and smoking. Prevage is a light lotion to be applied once to twice daily, depending on skin sensitivity. Specialty versions include Prevage for Men and Prevage for People of Color. Prevage can be found at many specialty stores and fine retailers, including:
- Bon Ton
- Lord & Taylor
- Saks Fifth Avenue
For a complete list of authorized retailers, visit the site.
Elizabeth Arden is a trusted name in beauty. Whether your goal is to combat the early signs of aging, hydrate parched skin or simply step up your skin care routine, you can be confident in the products' abilities to meet your needs.