The Erno Laszlo skin care collection is the first of its kind. Founded 75 years ago, this unique line is known as the world's first selection of dermatological products.
About Erno Laszlo
At the end of the day, your skin is in your own hands. The products you use and the amount of time you devote to maintaining healthy skin are up to you. Of course, it helps to have a little guidance from an expert like Erno Laszlo. Laszlo, a businessman and dermatologist, was renowned among the rich and famous for his pampering facial skin products. His fame eventually led to the opening of The Erno Laszlo Institute, a treatment facility specializing in cosmetics and skin care.
Dr. Laszlo's appeal is as strong today as it was decades ago. His skin care line is based upon five basic principles. Together these principles are a force in the industry, achieving continued acclaim for Laszlo and beautiful skin for clientele the world over.
The Five Basic Principles
The five basic principles of the Erno Laszlo skin care system seem relatively simple. Beneath the surface, though, they are complex and intricate, focusing specifically on the skin's unique needs while providing it with the properties it needs to maintain optimal health and age gracefully. The principles are detailed below.
Classifying your skin type has never been easier - or more interesting. The Laszlo classification system relies on a basic clock to determine whether the skin is normal/combination, dry or oily. The following times (referred to as "o'clocks") are assigned to each specific skin type:
- 8:30: Extremely dry
- 10:30: Dry
- 11:30: Slightly dry
- 12:00: Normal
- 1:00: Slightly oily
- 2:00: Oily
- 3:00: Extremely oily
Your skin type is easily clocked by answering a few questions on the Erno Laszlo Web site. The company recommends a consultation with a Laszlo specialist, who will guide you toward the targeted products most appropriate for your o'clock skin type.
Don't let the grandness of the name fool you. The Ritual is nothing more than your daily skin care routine. Performed twice a day, this regimen encourages continuous conditioning and renewal of the skin. Each o'clock has a unique regimen and selection of products all its own. The Ritual is comprised of the following steps:
- Cleanse: The cornerstones of the first step are basic elements: soap, oil and water.
- Control: Normalize the skin with a toner or toning supplement.
- Eyes: Nourish, strengthen and protect the delicate eye area.
- Moisturize/Treat/Protect: A powerful range of emollients provide a multitude of effects.
- Finish: Treat the skin to a perfect finish with a normalizing treatment that adds a hint of color.
The 30 Splashes
Dr. Laszlo once said that if water didn't exist, he would have invented it. It's little wonder, then, that the doctor's acclaimed products base their greatest benefits in the immense power of water. Each of Dr. Laszlo's skin care rituals requires 30 splashes of warm or comfortably hot water to accomplish several important steps.
- Thoroughly deep-cleanse the skin
- Exfoliate dead skin
- Flush away damaging toxins
- Soften and plump the skin
- Stimulate the production of collagen
- Increase the absorption of moisturizers
- Accelerate the cell renewal process
- Strengthen the capillaries
24-Hour Synergistic Care
Perhaps there's a slight marketing tactic involved in this particular principle, but it makes sense nonetheless. The skin benefits exponentially from the Laszlo product line if it is consistently exposed to it. Thus, the company recommends using the products morning and evening without substituting anything else in their places. This allows The Ritual to work continuously, with each product doing its job before giving way to the next. It's a concise, methodical system that really applies to any skin care regimen. A smart system consisting of the right products for your skin type is one that will likely serve you well for years to come.
Just as your skin's needs change periodically throughout the year, your skin care product lineup requires an overhaul every now and then, too. With this in mind, the Laszlo team urges consumers to visit a product specialist for a personalized analysis of your skin. The specialists take into account many factors, such as seasonal and lifestyle changes, that might impact the condition of the skin.
Erno Laszlo Skin Care Products
The Erno Laszlo skin care line is broken down into five groups:
- Cleansing: This collection includes Active pHelityl Oil, a pre-cleansing treatment for all skin types, as well as soaps, cleansing bars and washes for fresh, clean skin.
- Controlling: This collection works to keep your skin in its best shape possible: dry skin attracts moisture, oily skin repels excess sebum.
- Moisturizing: This collection protects skin from harmful ultraviolet rays and free radical damage, while providing hydration specific to each o'clock.
- Extra Care: This collection makes the best of your skin, no matter what ails it. Included are products formulated special skin problems, including sensitivity and acne.
- Finishing: This collection completes the look, delivering perfection via powders, bronzers, blushes and highlighters.
Where to Purchase
Erno Laszlo products are available online at the official company Web site.