RoC Skincare is a line of anti-aging facial care products that uses active ingredients, specifically retinol, to help smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles, lift and firm the skin and boost its radiance. The brand has four skincare collections, with products such as cleansers, serums, day creams, night creams and eye creams.
RoC Skincare's Heritage
RoC Skincare was first developed in 1957 by a pharmacist and a group of dermatologists practicing in France on the premise of creating skincare that offers real results. The brand was brought to the United States in 1999 and is sold at drugstores. The brand continues to introduce new products and technologies based on research and clinical studies.
Facial Care Products
RoC has four skincare collections to treat a variety of skin conditions. The products contain the active ingredient retinol, which is known for reducing the signs of aging, including lines, loss of firmness and dullness.
RoC Multi Correxion blends retinol and antioxidants to help diminish multiple signs of aging. The line contains six products and a starter kit for consumers to try out some of the products before committing to the entire line. Products include
- Night Treatment to smooth the appearance of wrinkles and improve elasticity
- Skin Renewing Serum to even the look of brown spots and discoloration
- Eye Treatment to lighten dark circles and reduce fine lines
- Exfoliating Cleanser to wash away dirt, oil and impurities
- Tone Perfecting Treatment to reduce past sun damage
- 4-Zone Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 to smooth deep wrinkles and firm skin
The RoC Retinol line is the brand's cornerstone collection that smoothes the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles and keeps skin looking youthful. RoC Retinol products include:
- Deep Wrinkle Night Cream to moisturize and reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 to protect skin from the sun and reduce expression lines
- Eye Cream to reduce crow's feet
- Deep Wrinkle Serum to firm skin and reduce lines
- Deep Wrinkle Filler to immediately fill in lines and wrinkles
- Daily Resurfacing Disks to even skin tone and texture
- Pore Minimizing Cleanser to exfoliate and reduce the appearance of pores
The RoC Complete Lift line helps improve the appearance of facial contours, improve skin elasticity and increase firmness. Products include:
- Night Cream to increase firmness and lift skin
- Serum to define facial contours
- Eye Cream to reduce puffiness and lift eyelids
- Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 smooth lines, improve texture and protect from the sun
- Eye Pen to firm eye area skin
This line of day, night and eye creams uses micro-current technology to smooth skin and boost radiance. Products in this RoC Skincare line include:
- Day Rejuvenating Moisturizer to soften, smooth and protect from the sun
- Eye Beautifier to reduce puffiness and dark circles
- Night Recharging Moisturizer to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
Considerations When Using Retinol
While retinol is an ingredient proven to reduce the signs of aging, it can be irritating, especially if you've never used products containing retinol, have very sensitive skin or are using a product with a high percentage of the ingredient. Dermatologists recommend starting slow when introducing a retinol product into your regimen to reduce the likelihood of redness and irritation. Start by using the product every other night or every two days, depending on your skin's sensitivity, and gradually increase usage to everyday.
It's also important to use sunscreen daily when using products containing retinol, because the ingredient makes skin especially sensitive to the sun.
Youthful Looking Skin
No matter what your skin concern, RoC Skincare can help keep skin looking youthful, radiant and healthy. RoC Skincare products are available at drugstores such as CVS and Walgreens, and you can often print coupon offers by visiting the brand's website.