If you're suffering from a seriously dull complexion, some of the best moisturizers can turn your lackluster look into one that is glowing and radiant.
The Best Moisturizers for Brightening Facial Skin
Today's lotions and potions do a lot more than simply hydrate skin. For dry, dull skin, a brightening moisturizer leaves behind a radiant, youthful glow.
- Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer is a drugstore favorite brand that fights seven signs of aging, such as dullness, uneven skin tone and rough texture. The skin-quenching lotion contains vitamin C to brighten dull skin and provide a luminous appearance over time.
- Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer contains an ample dose of glycolic acid to smooth uneven texture, whisk away dead skin cells and impart radiance to dull skin. With continued use, the skin is refined and clarified, fine lines are smoothed and dullness disappears. Bonus: vitamins A and E help fight free radical damage.
- Clarins Bright Plus HP Repairing Brightening Night Cream is perfect if hyperpigmentation is the driving force behind your dull skin. The formula contains white flowers to repair the look of dark spots and leave the skin with a bright, refreshed look. The formula is rich and hydrating, so it's beneficial for drier skin types.
Ingredients That Give a Glow
There are a few key ingredients that energize dull, tired skin. Look for these in case the moisturizer doesn't specifically mention brightening on the label. Exfoliation is one of the key processes that helps brighten a dull complexion. It works by sloughing off dead skin cells to reveal brighter, fresher skin underneath. Sometimes this isn't directly mentioned on the moisturizer's packaging, so check the ingredient label for a few specific ingredients.
- Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates the top layers of skin to help whisk away dryness, smooth acne scars and lighten any discoloration. Regular use of a moisturizer containing glycolic acid can reveal brighter, more luminous skin over time.
- Lactic acid is also part of the alpha hydroxy acid family and works similarly to glycolic acid, but is typically gentler on skin and won't cause side effects like redness and peeling.
- Used topically in moisturizers, vitamin C acts as an antioxidant to fight free radical damage, which can lead to tired, worn-looking skin. It also works to inhibit melanin production and lighten discoloration, which results in brighter, more even skin.
If your face looks dull, tired and in need of serious refreshment, consider some of these moisturizers designed to brighten skin to perk up your complexion and give you a radiant, luminous glow. Always be sure to protect your skin from the sun and environment, and nix smoking to keep your skin looking its glowing best.