Keri Sensitive Skin Lotion is the perfect choice for anyone who suffers from dry, irritated skin.
The Symptoms of Sensitivity
If you have sensitive skin, chances are you know the signs and symptoms pretty well. Maybe there's an itchy spot on your upper arm that never quite goes away, or perhaps you're continuously plagued by redness and bumps after shaving. The bottom line is that sensitive skin is not a pretty sight! Some of the main symptoms of sensitivity include:
- Red, blotchy marks or spots
- Flaky, peeling skin
- Burned skin or heat rash in response to environmental factors (such as sun and wind)
- Reaction to cosmetic and personal care products
- Irritation in response to skincare treatments (such as shaving, waxing, facials, microdermabrasion and cleansing, among others)
Causes of Sensitivity
While certain individuals may experience skin irritation stemming from nearly everything under the sun, the vast majority of sufferers owe their sensitive skin to a few common factors. Not surprisingly, these factors are widely utilized in the beauty industry. A lucky few may not experience any side effects, but those who do often pay the price in the form of redness, itchiness and discomfort. Some causes of sensitivity include:
- Skin treatments, including the following:
- Laser hair removal
- Chemical peels
- Hair removal methods, including the following:
- Exposure to harsh or extreme environmental conditions, such as:
- Brisk wind
- Brutal cold temperatures
- Alcohol (it causes dryness and may lead to increased sensitivity)
- Color additives
- Certain foods
- Certain materials (such as wool)
Make Keri Sensitive Skin Lotion Part of the Routine
Sensitive skin demands a moisturizer that lives up to its unique needs and demands. The thin, liquid-consistency lotion designed for oily skin types may be just what the sensitive-skinned want to avoid. Similarly, rich creams appropriate for dry types might be too much for some irritated skins to handle. This is why many, if not most, skincare manufacturers offer products designed specifically for sensitive skin. Keri Sensitive Skin Lotion, also known as Sensitive Skin Moisture Therapy, is formulated to target the needs of dry skin in need of exceptional comfort. Its medium-strength consistency strikes a fine balance - it's neither too thick nor too thin - and absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a greasy aftereffect.
This body lotion contains the following skin-friendly ingredients:
- Aloe Vera: Extracted from South African Aloe plants, this ingredient can be found in beauty products all around the world. It is known for its softening, soothing and comforting properties, and is often used as a remedy for sunburns.
- Vitamin E: Not only does it work to prevent the breakdown of body tissues, this fat-soluble vitamin also moisturizes and is a natural antioxidant. It is found as a natural ingredient in milk, plant leaves and cereal germ oils.
- Glycerin: A natural emollient, this clear liquid ensures that products retain their moisture by absorbing moisture from the surrounding air. The result is a product that is easier to apply and more moisturizing.
- Urea: Don't let it scare you away. Urea is a natural moisturizing ingredient that gently exfoliates dead skin cells and encourages the skin renewal process. It is a powerful hydrator, binding water in the skin's top layers and resulting in a supple surface.
On the flipside, the lotion does not contain these ingredients:
- Fragrance: Perfumes are common irritants that can result in more than just sensitive skin; they can also lead to headaches, asthma and a host of other unpleasant conditions.
- Lanolin: Although it is a very rich, moisturizing ingredient, lanolin is best avoided by sensitive-skinned individuals. It is derived from sheep's wool, where it is formed after being secreted from the sheep's sebaceous glands.
- Dye: Artificial color is a big no-no in the world of sensitive skin products. It is important to moisturize daily, so regular exposure to this ingredient may prove especially detrimental to easily-irritated skin.
Where to Purchase
Keri products are readily available nationwide at most drugstore and grocery chains, including Giant Eagle, Wegmans, CVS, Costco, Target, Walmart and Rite Aid. It is also available online at Drugstore.com.