Blue Snowflake Nail Art
Winter nail art can be whimsical or elegant. Let your personality shine through with these beautiful nail designs.
Select at least four different shades of blue nail polish and one in white to create this look. The snowflakes are easily done with nail stamping plates and white nail art paint.
- Apply a clear base coat and two coats of a light blue nail polish on the ring finger.
- On the other fingers, apply two coats of a deep blue frost nail polish.
- Using a dotting tool, form a diagonal design of dots using all the polishes, including white, on the dark blue nails.
- On the light blue nail, apply stripes of light, medium, and bright blue polishes using a good amount of polish so it doesn't dry before you get them all applied. Use a dotting tool or toothpick to drag through the wet polish going straight down the center and up on each side.
- Apply snowflakes from a stamping plate with white nail art paint. When dry, apply top coat to all nails.
White Tinsel Nails
An icy silver sparkle is added to this French manicure using silver nail transfer foil. This look is simple to achieve.
- After a clear base coat, use white nail polish for the tips.
- While the polish is still tacky, use a dotting tool to press the foil onto the nail. Be careful not to let the whole piece of foil touch the nail or you will have a silver nail instead of spots.
- When you have the number of silver dots that you desire, finish with a high shine top coat to seal the foil and polish.
White Lace Nails
A perfect French manicure that resembles snowflakes! This is an elegant design that is just as easy to do at home as it is in a salon. For this design;
- After applying a clear base coat, use white nail polish to paint the tips of the nails.
- Use a fine detail nail art brush with the white polish to paint a row of semi-circles above the smile line on each nail.
- Use a small dotting tool or toothpick with the white polish making a string of dots on the smile line and on top of the semi-circles to make it look like lace edging. Follow the line of the lunula of the nail (the moon shape at the cuticle area) on the index and ring fingers with white dots.
- Place a white flower sticker on the side of the nail on the ring finger. It should just touch the smile line of the white tips.
- Use nail glue to attach the small pearls and rhinestones, alternating, on each nail tip.
- Finish the nails with a high shine clear top coat.
Winter Blue Nails
Cool shades of blue and silver glitter make this nail art reminiscent of icy blue water. This is an easy nail design to achieve at home. Use a quick drying manicure spray between coats of color to keep the polish from smearing.
- After a base coat, apply a deep blue metallic nail polish. You may need two coats depending on the coverage of the polish.
- Use white nail polish or nail art paint on the tips.
- Make a wide stripe of light teal nail polish across the white tips leaving a thin stripe of white on the tip edges.
- Using a small detailing nail art brush, paint a stripe of gold or pewter metallic nail polish across the teal polish.
- Use a stamp or small nail art brush to paint three stars across the metallic stripe on each nail in white.
- Apply small, light blue rhinestones between the stars with a small drop of nail glue to adhere them to the nail.
- Apply a coat of chunky silver and white confetti glitter polish over the dark blue polish.
- Finish with a clear top coat over the entire nail.
White Cable Knit
Nail art this simple is as easy to wear as your favorite sweater. This look can be done with just a clear polish on your natural nails or brighten the tips using a French nail pencil. If you choose to not use the nail pencil, then skip that step.
- Start with clean nails. Use the French nail pencil to color the top and underside of your nail tips.
- Apply a clear base coat to the top and underneath your nails to seal the pencil.
- Using a creamy white nail polish and a fine detail or striper nail art brush, paint the straight lines and cable swirls on your nails.
- Use the same polish with a small dotting tool or toothpick to add the dots within the design.
- Finish all nails with clear top coat. Seal underneath the tips with top coat as well.
Blue Gradient Snowflakes
Beautiful gradient nail designs are hard to tell from nail decals. This design is easier to achieve than it looks.
- Start with a clear base coat followed by two coats of white nail polish.
- Using a piece of sponge, start with a teal green polish along the center of the nail and blend it up lightly toward the cuticle area.
- Follow this same technique using a bright blue polish and blend it up from the edge into the teal polish.
- When dry, use white nail art paint and a festive star nail stamp to create the snowflakes on each nail.
- Seal your design with a clear top coat.
Holly Jolly Nail Art
Character nail art, such as gingerbread men, are associated with Christmas but can easily be worn all winter long. Add other winter characters to your nails to make the design fun! To achieve this nail art look:
- After a clear base coat, apply two coats of a mint green nail polish to the ring fingers. Use a copper glitter polish and a small detail brush to make the gingerbread man on the ring fingers. Use red nail polish and glitter for the bow tie and hat. Use a dotting tool or toothpick with white polish or acrylic paint and black polish or acrylic paint for the detail.
- Use a white nail polish on the tips of the other nails for a French manicure.
- Use a dotting tool or a toothpick to make a row of dots with white polish above the smile line on the pinky fingers. Add a pink circle or nail gem to the white tips of these nails.
- For the snowman on the middle fingers, use a pearl glitter or metallic nail polish to make the body. Use black nail polish with a small detail brush to paint the hat. Use a small dotting tool or toothpick with black polish to make the eyes and buttons, and orange polish or acrylic paint with the same dotting tool to make the carrot nose.
- For the penguins on the index fingers, use black nail polish to make the mound shape of the body. Make a smaller mound shape with white polish for the belly area. Use a large dotting tool and white polish to make the white of the eyes, and black polish for the pupils. Use a small detail brush with orange polish or acrylic paint to make the triangle beak and feet.
- Finish all nails with a high shine clear top coat so that your festive nail designs will last.
Snowflakes and Glitter
Stunning winter nail art does not have to be elaborate. Statement nails can bring a beautiful pop of color and design to what would otherwise be a boring manicure. To achieve this look:
- After a base coat, apply two coats of a creamy white polish to the thumb, index, and pinky fingers.
- Apply two coats of a deep icy blue frost nail polish to the middle finger.
- On the ring finger, apply two coats of a silver polish containing silver glitter.
- Use a pearlescent glitter polish on a corner of each nail to add extra sparkle.
- Apply a high shine top coat before the snowflake jewels.
- Apply a drop of nail glue to the 3D snowflake jewels. Place them on the nail and allow to dry.
Hot Chocolate Art
Designs like this can be worn from autumn through winter. Show your love of hot chocolate, coffee, or tea with this design.
- Apply two coats of a rich burgundy nail polish after the base coat.
- For the mug and the white dots, use a small detail brush and various sizes of dotting tools with white acrylic paint.
- Use the same burgundy polish and the small brush to make the heart on the mug.
- Use the dotting tools, one size smaller than you used for the white dots, with the burgundy nail polish to make the centers of the dots.
- To make the hot chocolate, use the small detail brush with a dark taupe or medium brown nail polish.
- Finish off the design with a clear top coat.
Nail studs are perfect for a party or short-term wear as they are too chunky to stay on the nail long. This is a simple yet attention-getting nail design.
- Start with a base coat and two coats of a white nail polish.
- Use a small detail brush or a piece of mesh with gold nail polish to make the chain design on the pinky nail.
- Apply a clear top coat to all nails before adding the gold studs.
- When nails are dry, use a drop of nail glue to adhere the gold studs to the index and ring fingers.
Winter nail art is not just for Christmas. Whether the design is simple or elaborate, adding pizazz to your nails is a great way to beat the winter blues. Finding nail art supplies to create these looks is as easy as shopping online from your couch.